This time I use two different size of wooden dowels to show how to make the korker ribbon. Here are the materials:
1) Wooden Clothespins
2) Wooden Dowels: 7/16" & 1/4"
3) Grosgrain Ribbon :3/8"
1) Attach the clothspin on the top with the ribbon.
2) Start twisting the ribbon until it reaches the bottom.
3) Remember one point in twisting is, leave the gap between the ribbon will cause the curly loose.
4) More the gap, the curly more loose.
5) Use the foil to wrap the baking pan. I prefer to do this as I don't want the ribbon to be dirty.
6) Preheat the oven at 275F and bake for 25 minutes.
7) Let all the ribbon become wet before baking.
8) Get ready? Start baking!
9) I highly suggest not to unwrap it immediately, I would like to leave it in the oven and unwrap it next day. The reason is that the first time I unwrap the ribbon once it done, but the ribbon turned out not firm enough, I need to do it again, I mean the whole process.
10) The green ribbon above shows that how the curly look like by using 1/4" wooden dowel.
11) The pink ribbon below shows that how the curly look like by using 7/16" wooden dowel.
12) See the difference? Personally, I like using 1/4" wooden dowel.
Related Hair Bow Tutorials:
Making Hair Bow is sooooooooo much FUN!
Materials Need to Make Hair Bow
How to Make a Classic Boutique Hair Bow
Classic Boutique Hair Bow - Two Layers
Classic Boutique Hair Bow - 1-1/2" ribbon
Classic Boutique Hair Bow - 5/8" ribbon
How to Make a Pinwheel Bow 01
How to Make a Surround Bow 01
How to Make a Surround Bow 02
How to Make a Korker Ribbon